Friday 12 August 2016

Assignment 3: Buildings in Use (reflection)

My tutor’s comments that my images were visually competent pleased me as I had come across several technical errors in my last assignment. His main issue was that many of my shots were of the backs of people, which lead to a feeling of being a detached observer rather than a participant. This would explain my concern that some of my images did not fully evoke a feeling of the space photographed. This is definitely true in my wide image of the Natural History Museum; the image of people being photographed with the dinosaur telling a much more interesting story, although I now wish that I had focused on the two women more successfully.



One image my tutor spoke about was of my husband making pizza in Hobie. My tutor felt that this image would have been improved with the subject facing forwards. This could be true, however a frontal view of my husband in most images would display a disgruntled expression on his face as he caught me taking the shot. I personally like this image as it shows the pizza in the open oven as my husband prepares another to join it. It shows the tent as a functional space, shot from a user’s point of view, sitting hungrily waiting for my tea.


My tutor is concerned at the lack of research showing on my blog. I agree that my research needs to be written up and uploaded promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment