Sunday 19 April 2015

A Comfortable Situation

As it is the norm for people to take photographs in holiday destinations, I chose our family holiday to increase my confidence in taking images of people ‘unaware’. Images for the first exercise were taken during a day in Ascona, a small Italian town in Switzerland.

Wandering around the shops, I felt quite comfortable, as it was quite feasible that I could merely be taking images of the pretty little streets and shops. The people seemed quite content that they weren’t the subjects of my images when in fact, they were.





While eating gelato, I noticed a young girl feeding bread to some birds. Normally, I would suspect that her parents would disapprove of someone taking photographs of their daughter, yet the extraordinary nature of the birds feeding almost from the girl’s hand, I suspect made them more lenient.





I really enjoyed this introduction to street photography and am looking forward to trying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment