Sunday 19 April 2015

Standing back

I chose to use the ferry ride from Zeebrugge to Hull to practise the use of the telephoto lens in photographing people. I remained in the same spot on the rear deck for entire exercise and snapped away as people came and went.

As with many of these exercises, the holiday situation naturally puts people at ease around the camera so I had plenty of opportunity to capture ferry life.

My first few images are of people working on the ferry from workmen loading vehicles to a chef taking a quick break.



My attention then turned to other passengers as I started to feel more comfortable. It was interesting to see the lorry drivers, taking advantage of the ride and enjoying a break from the solitary world of driving.











As darkness settled, I enjoyed the comfort in being less noticeable and managed to take some images of other passengers enjoying the journey. I was really pleased to capture a father taking his own photographs of his family. 









No comments:

Post a Comment