Sunday 19 April 2015

Capturing the moment

While sitting on the edge of a river, practising use of my telephoto lens for the next exercise, I spotted a family, the parents watching their boys playing. A couple of minutes later, the mum called one of the boys over to show him something on her phone. I am assuming that she had taken a photograph of him and wanted to show him, although this is open to interpretation.


I took four images of the family looking at the phone, a few seconds apart. In the first image, the boy hadn’t yet reached his mum so this doesn’t really work as an image for me.


The second and third images show all three looking at the phone, the boy standing in one and leaning further in on the other, my ultimate favourite of the set.



By the last image, the boy’s position doesn’t work so well, his face is more shadowed and I feel like the perfect moment has passed.



It is remarkable to see how such fine nuances can improve an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment