Sunday 19 April 2015

Close and involved

Quite nervous about the closeness in proximity necessary for this exercise, I chose to shoot from the hip and captured the images by letting the camera hang on the strap while subtly pointing and shooting at scenes I found interesting. In editing, most images needed some straightening, loosing chunks of the original image but I considered it a worthwhile pay off in order to remain a little closer to my comfort zone.



It was a very small market so I had little time to build my confidence, mainly shooting stallholders and the backs of their customers.














As the rain set in, the scene changed as people started to put up the umbrellas. I liked this image of the couple huddled together keep out of the rain.



Wanting to capture the array of brollies, I took a chance shooting a cluster of people walking towards me. 



It is clear that one lady caught me in the act as she is staring right at the camera. The camera level low, it gives the sensation of the lady looking down on a child as she has noticed him doing something he shouldn’t. I feel that it is this feeling of being captured that actually makes this image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment